Associate or Manager, Talent and Culture
Washington, DC /
Talent & Culture /
Sparkfund is an energy technology platform company based in Washington, D.C. built to enable leading brands to deliver new offers to their customers across resilience, decarbonization & electrification. Our partners use our platform to capture new growth in the energy services market, differentiate their existing end-customer offerings, increase the lifetime value of customer relationships, and more efficiently manage capital structuring, risk appetite, and ongoing servicing. We deliver solutions through a flexible range of commercial structures, from fully managed subscriptions, where we handle everything from installation to ongoing maintenance and repairs, to simple installations for customers who prefer to manage systems themselves, to the monitoring of existing equipment for fault detection and replacement recommendations.
We enable our customers to focus on their core businesses. Sparkfund’s mission is to combat climate change through healthier buildings and transportation. We strive to create positive change by deploying solutions that are good for business and good for the planet. We’re building a diverse and collaborative culture to help us achieve all of that.
We’re looking for a Talent and Culture (Associate / Manager) who shares our mission and goals and wants to contribute to our Talent & Culture team as we continue to grow. In this role, you will help us make Sparkfund a productive, effective, inclusive, and of course a fun workplace. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll work on projects that help our team members feel seen and understood, while playing a key role in our talent acquisition activities. You will help us build and scale our growing company’s talent & culture function. You will be working directly with the VP of Talent and Culture.
This is a work-from-home opportunity. However, you will ideally be located in Washington, D.C (or the DMV). Sparkfund is a fully digital workplace with our DC office as a benefit to our staff.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Facilitate the employee lifecycle experience from on-boarding to off-boarding
- Support full-cycle recruitment and sourcing activities
- Connect with key stakeholders and hiring managers to identify hiring needs and create a strategy to fill open roles
- Partner with Marketing to enhance our employer brand
- Improve and expand our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Improve and expand our new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Support VP of Talent & Culture with our PEO to administer health and wellness benefits, and eventually own administration of other benefits
- Coordinate and support company-wide information-sharing meetings such as new hires announcements, open enrollments, all-hands, and social initiatives and activities
- Support maintenance and management of our ATS (we use Lever)
- Manage our 3rd party vendors' relationships such as IT support, office management, and travel bookings.
- Assist in maintaining and improving our office as-a-benefit culture
- Support office management duties, such as maintenance, office supply requests and orders, and general office equipment issues and training
- 2-4 years of experience in a HR Generalist, Talent Acquisition, or Talent Management roles
- 1-3 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting
- Track record in improving talent and culture strategies
- Passion for clear, thoughtful, and empathic communication
- A mindset proactive and solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity and performing in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and evolving processes and systems
- Competitive compensation and stock option plans - we believe in radical shared ownership
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy that encourages ~4 weeks of paid time off
- We honor all of the federal holidays and believe in long weekends. Sparkfund is closed every Friday before a Monday holiday as well.
- 8 weeks gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families
- A company laptop and any other hardware you need
We Want You To Know
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to environmental stewardship, and recognize we need diverse perspectives to successfully tackle this massive challenge. To change the world, we must first change ourselves, which is why Sparkfund has created a space that sources viewpoints from people who look and think differently.
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.