Product Marketing Manager
What is SparkFund?
SparkFund is a financial technology company located in Washington, DC that builds the software and tools that enable energy efficiency vendors to sell their products the way customers want to purchase them: “as a service”. We help these vendors manage the complexity of integrated financing, standardize the customer journey, and ensure seamless pricing, documentation, and transaction management on the back-end. SparkFund’s financial products and tools help our partners close more projects and our customers save more money.
SparkFund believes that building scalable, market-driven solutions is the best way to enact change and solve our society's greatest challenges. Our investors are a mix of leading venture capitalists, mission-driven institutional investors and national lenders who share our vision.
SparkFund is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to position and communicate the benefits of SparkFund to potential partners. You will drive and execute our strategy for translating the core value of our products in a simple, easy to digest way that help the Sales and Marketing teams hit their goals and accelerate growth. This role requires exceptional writing skills, a high level of creativity, product marketing experience, and attention to detail.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Develop and execute on product marketing strategies that drive demand for SparkFund.
- Work with our CMO, marketing team, graphic designer, and external branding agency to intelligently and consistently convey SparkFund’s offerings to partners and customers.
- Work with our marketing managers to craft compelling marketing campaigns focused on acquiring, engaging SparkFund prospective partners and customers.
- Establish reporting practices with sales and operations to understand the effectiveness of our marketing activities and collateral and draw meaningful insights to iterate on language and communication strategies.
- Lead copywriting and ensure consistent communication across all SparkFund external facing materials.
- Manage customer personas and segmentation, deciding how we should alter communications and marketing strategies to multiple target sectors.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of B2B product marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience running successful product marketing initiatives with little oversight.
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics with simplicity and clarity.
- An expert understanding of our solutions, partners, and customers with the ability to communicate powerful stories that will drive demand and support sales of our platform.
- Ability to think and operate in an “end to end” manner, contributing to the design and development of the right partner/customer experience.
- General tech savvy-ness; SparkFund relies heavily on software and cloud-based computing for smooth day-to-day operations. Comfort in Google docs and sheets, Gmail, and Google Drive is required. Past experience with Asana (or other task management software), CRM software (preferably Salesforce), and/or Pardot is also a plus.
- Bonus points for product marketing experience with energy solutions and/or financial services.
- Dedication to what we’re building at SparkFund and making an impact through increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy.
Above all else:
- Intellectual humility: you are bright and eager to learn from a diverse team.
- You exhibit a bias toward action and are eager to take on more and improve rapidly.
- You are passionate about and committed to SparkFund company, cause, and goals.
- Competitive salaries and stock option plans - we believe in radical shared ownership in our success together.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- A fully stocked kitchen, catered Friday lunches, and free meals when you’re cranking late at the office.
- An open vacation policy to take the time you need.
- Workspace customization. You can work at a sitting or standing desk and set up your space the way you want.
- Work in a convenient location in the heart of Dupont Circle.
SparkFund values diversity in thought, background, gender, race, and culture. Come join us!