Director of Product Marketing
Remote or Washington, DC
What is SparkFund?
SparkFund is a financial technology company located in Washington, DC that builds the software and tools to connect organizations to energy efficient systems. The value of new and emerging technologies is clear - they reduce energy used, save money, and make indoor spaces better. But accessing that value has been complicated and diverts core resources. SparkFund's As-a-Service approach lets organizations access the value of energy technology without the friction, so they’re free to continue investing scarce resources into core business operations.
SparkFund believes that building scalable, market-driven solutions is the best way to enact change and solve our society's greatest challenges. Our investors are a mix of leading venture capitalists, mission-driven institutional investors and national lenders who share our vision.
SparkFund is hiring a Director of Product Marketing to own mastery of customer psychology. You'll shape messaging, materials, lead generation activities, positioning and help develop the customer experience. You will lead efforts to translate the value of our offering in a simple, easy to digest way in order to hit growth goals. This role requires exceptional writing skills, creativity, and expertise in product marketing frameworks.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Develop and execute on product marketing strategy to shape our messaging.
- Manage acquisition campaign strategy, channels, and messaging.
- Work with our CMO, marketing team, graphic designer, and external branding agency to intelligently and consistently convey SparkFund’s offerings to partners and customers.
- Establish practices with sales to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Lead copywriting and ensure consistent communication across all SparkFund external facing materials.
- Manage customer personas and segmentation.
- Lead our team's role in our cross-functional product development process with software engineering to craft SparkFund’s customer experience.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of B2B product marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience running successful product marketing initiatives with little oversight.
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics with simplicity and clarity.
- An understanding of our solutions, partners, and customers with the ability to communicate powerful stories that will drive demand and support sales of our platform.
- Ability to think and operate in an “end to end” manner, contributing to the design and development of the customer experience.
- General tech savvy-ness; SparkFund relies heavily on software and cloud-based computing for smooth day-to-day operations. Comfort in Google docs and sheets, Gmail, and Google Drive is required. Past experience with Asana (or other task management software), CRM software (preferably Salesforce), and/or Pardot is also a plus.
- Dedication to what we’re building at SparkFund and making an impact through increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy.
Above all else:
- Intellectual humility: you are bright and eager to learn from a diverse team.
- You exhibit a bias toward action and are eager to take on more and improve rapidly.
- You are passionate about and committed to SparkFund company, cause, and goals.
- Competitive salaries and stock option plans - we believe in radical shared ownership in our success together.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- A fully stocked kitchen, catered Friday lunches, and free meals when you’re cranking late at the office.
- An open vacation policy to take the time you need.
- Workspace customization. You can work at a sitting or standing desk and set up your space the way you want.
- Work in a convenient location in the heart of Adams Morgan.
SparkFund values diversity in thought, background, gender, race, and culture. Come join us!