Commercial Program Manager
Remote or Washington, DC /
Sparkfund is an energy technology platform company based in Washington, D.C. built to enable leading brands to deliver new offers to their customers across resilience, decarbonization & electrification. Our partners use our platform to capture new growth in the energy services market, differentiate their existing end-customer offerings, increase the lifetime value of customer relationships, and more efficiently manage capital structuring, risk appetite, and ongoing servicing. We deliver solutions through a flexible range of commercial structures, from fully managed subscriptions, where we handle everything from installation to ongoing maintenance and repairs, to simple installations for customers who prefer to manage systems themselves, to the monitoring of existing equipment for fault detection and replacement recommendations.
We enable our customers to focus on their core businesses. Sparkfund’s mission is to combat climate change through healthier buildings and transportation. We strive to create positive change by deploying solutions that are good for business and good for the planet. We’re building a diverse and collaborative culture to help us achieve all of that.
We are hiring a Program Manager to nurture and grow business relationships with our strategic energy partners, including major Utilities, Original Equipment Manufacturers, and Service Providers. This position is responsible for partner stakeholder engagement, internal initiative prioritization, cross-functional work management, and deal pipeline enablement. This role will be a Sr. Manager or Director level (level to be determined based on experience), report to the Senior Director of Partnerships, and is a key contributor to our expanding Commercial organization. This position is perfect for someone experienced in managing a complex stakeholder environment and driving business development.
This role is flexible on location, and will include travel to visit partners up to 25% of the time. We expect you to spend some time in Washington, DC to collaborate with other members of the team, learn the ins and outs of our business, and contribute to our company culture. This, of course, depends on local COVID rules and regulations.
- Own the programmatic success of 1-2 strategic Sparkfund partnerships
- Lead the central management, organization, and prioritization of cross-functional team members to deliver on our partnership scope and responsibilities
- Be accountable for hitting program success metrics and commercial targets
- Collaborate with our business development and marketing teams on partner-specific customer targeting strategy
- Manage weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting to key stakeholders
- Bring lessons learned back to the larger team and help build out the tools and processes of a robust commercial organization
- Deal pipeline enablement to to ensure the program is set up to deliver a healthy pipeline of customer opportunities
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7+ years of account management, program management, and / or business development experience in a Business-to-Business environment
- Experience presenting to multiple levels of stakeholders, up through and including executives
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated mental agility and ability to switch between contexts quickly
- Skilled at making sound and defensible decisions in the face of incomplete information
- Knack for building long-term and trusting relationships
- Consultative approach to relationship management and meeting preparation (organized, anticipatory, goal-oriented)
- Experience translating technical and / or financial jargon into engaging content
We’d love it if you have
- Experience working with or within the Utilities, Energy, or ESCO industries
- Project development experience in the clean energy, resilience, and/or energy efficiency space, including knowledge of project risks, key stakeholders, market incentives, and customer value propositions
- Competency in software and cloud-based information management tools including Salesforce, Google Workspace, Slack, Asana, and project management tools
- Dedication to what we’re building at Sparkfund and a passion for combating climate change
- Experience with project financing solutions including leases, loans, or energy service agreements
- Competitive compensation and stock option plans - we believe in radical shared ownership
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy that encourages ~4 weeks of paid time off + 12 paid business holidays
- 8 weeks gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families
- A company laptop and any other hardware you need
We Want You To Know
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to environmental stewardship, and recognize we need diverse perspectives to successfully tackle this massive challenge. To change the world, we must first change ourselves, which is why Sparkfund has created a space that sources viewpoints from people who look and think differently.
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.