San Francisco /
Sparrow is a fast-growing software startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone—company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave).
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
Sparrow is looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our fast-growing team. As an early member of Sparrow, your day-to-day will include:
- Excelling at the core Operations Coordinator responsibilities: Act responsively, accurately, and with attention to detail in a considerate and timely manner with your assigned projects.
- Interface and collaborate comfortably with a variety of key parties: state representatives, doctor’s offices, etc. through various communication methods (i.e. phone call, email).
- Prepare appropriate leave paperwork and manage process flow for multiple concurrent leaves.
- Superior organization skills and detail-oriented.
- You’re able to track various tasks from different projects and ensure nothing gets lost.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem solving. You are comfortable communicating through email, chat, phone call and can draft emails on behalf of product specialists.
- People person. Remarkable degree of empathy and interpersonal intuition, and strong, active listening skills.
- Learner’s mindset. Highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment.
- Proactive. You’re always anticipating what might come next and how better to support the product specialist team.
- Systems-oriented. Always thinking of how you can improve processes to make the team even more efficient.
- Trustworthy. You act with discretion and can be trusted to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Sparrow is making it possible for more companies to support their employees at the time when they need it most. We significantly improve the lives of those we support.
- We strive to be the best in the industry by addressing long-standing problems in the process and providing exceptional service.
- The insights you will gain in customer needs will make you an invaluable team member for our product and engineering team.
- We are a tight knit team that works hard to achieve goals and still makes time to have fun.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and benefits, check out our careers page.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this role?
What are your feelings on puppies?