San Francisco /
Sparrow is a fast-growing software startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone—company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave).
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
Sparrow is looking for a Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team. As an early member of Sparrow, your day-to-day will include:
- Working with product specialists to help automate paperwork, collect information securely, and create new tools to make the leave experience as seamless as possible.
- Working across the stack to create libraries that will scale with the company.
- Write tests to ensure the product is built on a reliable foundation.
- Collaborate with your teammates to build a cohesive and beautiful product.
- Excited to learn from teammates and product specialists.
- Enjoy working in a team.
- Experience building, deploying, scaling, and integrating with APIs is a plus!
- Learner’s mindset — self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and benefits, check out our careers page.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this role?
What are your feelings on puppies?