San Francisco /
Sparrow is a fast-growing software startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone—company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave).
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
Sparrow seeks a Product Marketing leader to join our fast-growing team. As an early member of Sparrow, your day-to-day will include excelling at the core marketing responsibilities:
- Develop & Iterate on Marketing Plan - While Sparrow has explored few marketing channels, we already have a lot of inbound interest. We are looking for someone data-driven and ready to explore which marketing channels work best for Sparrow.
- Develop Engaging Materials for Customers - We are uniquely positioned to understand what HR and individuals taking leave want to understand, meaning that with some research, we can create some pretty incredible content.
- Own Website Messaging - Work with sales and product to ensure that our website copy is getting us as many engaged leads as possible.
- Own Customer Stories - Sparrow has many happy customers, and our target customer values these sorts of stories and testimonials highly. This person would need to complete interviews and craft this into an interesting story.
- Manage SEO & Advertising - In addition to creating great content, we should be making sure that it is appropriately optimized for search.
- Manage Social Media - Great content has the largest impact when it is shared, and you'll need to regularly share content across our social media channels.
- Manage Vendors - You do not need to know how to do everything, but you'll need to know how to select and manage vendors who know how to do the things you don’t know how to do.
- Experience. 5+ years in Marketing or related role. Bonus points for experience with SaaS and B2B software.
- Product-obsessed. Leave management is complicated, meaning that often, our customers have gaps in their understanding. Therefore, it is essential that you can educate the customer on how Sparrow can improve their process.
- Systematic mindset. If something is not working as expected, you’ll systematically review the situation to determine the root cause.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail. You’ll need to prioritize and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Incredible storyteller. Whether it is digging into data or interviewing a customer, you can tell a story in the customer’s language.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem solving.
- Active-listener. Remarkable degree of empathy and interpersonal intuition, and strong, active listening skills.
- Learner’s mindset. Highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment
- Proactive. Have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude—you’re highly proactive and have strong follow-through
To learn more about the Sparrow team and benefits, check out our careers page.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this role?
What are your feelings on puppies?