San Francisco /
Sparrow is a fast-growing software startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone—company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave).
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
Sparrow seeks an Account Executive to join our fast-growing team. With 40+ customers, Sparrow has great market traction, and we are looking for someone to help us scale that traction. As an early member of Sparrow, your day-to-day will include:
Working directly with the CEO and the Sparrow team to build and scale a successful sales team:
- Perform market research to identify new potential customers and leads.
- Use information from sales calls to continuously iterate on call scripts and training.
- Collect and share product feedback that you receive during sales interactions so the rest of the team can make the product even better.
Excelling at the core sales responsibilities:
- Develop leads through inbound or outbound prospecting via emails, phone calls, events, and any other method you might think of.
- Develop email sequences using Outreach, make cold calls, try various methods to penetrate accounts.
- Fastidiously track lead and opportunity progress on Salesforce.
- Prospect into new accounts and foster relationships with multiple contacts within all levels of our target customer segments.
- Have 4+ years experience in a sales role. Bonus points for experience with SaaS and B2B software sales
- Systematic mindset. If something is not working as expected, you’ll systematically review the situation to determine the root cause.
- Data-oriented. Sparrow uses a data-oriented approach to decision-making, so we need you to be diligent about tracking your activity in Outreach and Salesforce.
- Product-obsessed. Leave management is complicated, meaning that often, our customers have gaps in their understanding. Therefore, it is essential that you can educate the customer on how Sparrow can improve their process.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail. You’ll be managing the entire sales cycle from prospecting to contracts, so we need you to ensure that you can manage multiple relationships simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem solving. You are comfortable communicating through email, chat, phone call.
- Active listener. Remarkable degree of empathy and interpersonal intuition, and strong, active listening skills.
- Learner’s mindset. Highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environmentProactive. Have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude—you’re highly proactive and have strong follow-through.
- With 60+ customers, ranging from startups to public companies, Sparrow is already meeting a clear market need.
- Healthy base salary and commission-based earnings: You will see a direct increase in your pay when you win deals.
- Sparrow is helping companies to support employees when they need it most. We significantly improve the lives of those we support.
- We strive to be the best in the industry by addressing long-standing problems in the process and providing exceptional service.
- The insights you will gain in customer needs will make you an invaluable team member of our product team.
- We are a tight knit team that works hard to achieve goals and still makes time to have fun.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and benefits, check out our careers page.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this role?
What are your feelings on puppies?