San Francisco /
Sparrow is a fast-growing software startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone—company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave).
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
Sparrow is looking for a Recruiter to join our fast-growing team. As an early member of Sparrow, your day-to-day will include:
Excelling at core Recruiting responsibilities:
- Drive success by owning and evolving Sparrow’s recruiting strategy in alignment with our values and culture
- Recruit across all functions in business and tech to scale the team and meet business needs
- Collaborate closely with the founder to research, source, and hire the right talent in the right roles
- Continuously improve the recruiting process to drive efficiency, results, and candidate experience
- Seasoned full-cycle recruiter — you have a breadth of knowledge and experience building teams in-house.
- People person — remarkable degree of empathy and interpersonal intuition, and strong, active listening skills.
- Learner’s mindset — highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment.
- Operationally excellent and systems-oriented — continually optimizing process, tools, reporting, and systems to enable results and utilizes data to drive decision-making.
- Collaborative — builds trust and communicates with clarity, influence, partnership, and inspiration across many different types of audiences.
- Enjoys navigating ambiguous environments with curiosity, strategic thinking, and a hands on approach.
Why be a Recruiter at Sparrow?
- You can feel great about your work. Sparrow is making it possible for people to find balance between the job they love and the people they love.
- We know that our ability to build an incredible team is dependent on hiring the best people. This function is incredibly important and strategic.
- At Sparrow, we believe that hiring is everyone’s responsibility. Your work will be valued and appreciated.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and benefits, check out our careers page.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this role?
What are your feelings on puppies?