Full Stack Engineer
Sparta Science can predict injuries before they happen. We identify athletes’ injury risks and recommend customized training plans to reduce the chance of injury. Our customers are professional and university sports programs (including NBA, NFL, MLB, and NCAA teams), hospitals, and the US military.
We're looking to add full-stack engineers to our small, collaborative development team. You’d be a great fit if you are comfortable working on both front-end and back-end code, like to pair program all day, like writing your tests first, enjoy constructive dialogue as much as shipping code, and are excited about regularly delivering a product that has an impact. Our app is written in Elixir, which we love because it combines a beautiful, Ruby-like syntax with substantial performance improvements. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to learn this cutting-edge language or to improve your existing skills. We use the Phoenix web framework and Elm for the complex parts of our UI. We believe in working at a sustainable pace—you’ll typically code for 8 hours each day, and then you’re off to relax, recharge, and refocus. Our office is in SOMA, a 10-minute walk from BART and Caltrain.
What you'll bring to the table
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with our team
- Desire to work in a pair-programming environment
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work, and solving challenging problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- You are an amazing teammate - you challenge and encourage your team to improve while respectfully learning from those around you
Nice to Haves
- Experience in coding languages Elixir, Phoenix, CSS, SASS, Elm, Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of agile/XP software development
- Experience with pair programming
Sparta Science is the leader in the application of movement diagnostic software. Using AI and machine learning, our simple 90-second scan identifies how you move, providing individualized, evidence-based exercise plans to increase readiness, minimize injury risk, and speed efficient rehabilitation to physical activity.
Sparta technology is used worldwide by elite and conventional military forces, professional, collegiate, high school sports organizations, strength training professionals, and in occupational health committed to helping people move better, at work, at play, and on duty.
At Sparta Science, our mission is to help EVERYONE to Move Better, and because of that we believe in including everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to Sparta's mission and continued excellence.
Sparta Science is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.