Construction Management Intern
SpawGlass Talent Community – Intern Development Program /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our construction intern, you will be immersed in a SpawGlass construction project and gain hands-on experience that will prepare you for your future career. Every day we'll rely on you to develop your communication and time management skills while performing tasks related to field management and project administration. To thrive in this role, you should take a proactive approach to accomplish our internship learning objectives and practice our core values. We'll teach you everything else.
What you'll do
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety culture and promote project-specific safety plans
- Elicit mentor and project team member guidance as it relates to reviewing and processing submittals and RFIs, assisting with quantity take-offs, issuing subcontractor and owner change orders, and reviewing drawings and specs
- Provide team support by evaluating the project schedule and subcontractor productivity, assisting with the quality control process, and attending project reviews to gain insight into cost control methods
- Learn to utilize various construction applications such as CMiC, PlanGrid/Bluebeam and P6
What you bring to the team
- You are pursuing a degree in construction management or a related discipline
- The ability to communicate effectively, find solutions and provide a fresh perspective as you collaborate with project team members and subcontractors
- You're determined to make a positive impact and contribute to the SpawGlass mission
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.