Construction Quality Control Manager
Beaumont, TX /
Building Construction – Operations Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Quality Control Manager, you will develop, implement, document and oversee the Site Specific Quality Management Plan. Every day we will rely on you to collaborate with the project team to ensure work protocols and procedures conform to contract documents. To be successful in this role, you should have a strong research and investigative mindset and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.
What you'll do
- Interfaces with the quality control staff and project management of the client or architect to ensure that all requirements of the contract documents and specifications are being met
- Directs the Request for Information (RFI) procedure to achieve timely answers relating to subcontractor and vendor problems, document duplicity, or issues of ambiguity
- Interprets intent of documentation when formwork details, procedures for construction and other issues require minor modifications to simplify or facilitate construction (within the limits of the documents)
- Reviews project submittals for content and compliance with project documentation and specifications
- Acts as chairperson for the respective coordination meetings required prior to the start of a particular scope of work
- Reviews testing procedures for scope of work, ensures proper testing takes place and certifies that the work has been properly constructed
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A successful track record in quality control within construction or equivalent environment
- Experience with computers and technical applications (i.e., scheduling software, construction management software, Microsoft Office)
- Eagerness to continue your professional development and grow your talent while achieving the SpawGlass mission
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.