Construction Project Safety Manager
Beaumont, TX /
Building Construction – Operations Support /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Project Safety Manager, you will strive for the best safety performance in the construction industry by providing a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment. Every day we'll rely on you to use your judgment and knowledge of safety practices to go beyond basic safety compliance to promote the company safety culture to our team members and construction partners. You'll grow professional relationships with the project team and perform wellness checks to ensure the crew is fit to meet the daily production. To thrive in this role, you must assume the role of safety expert and be attentive to project production as a proactive measure to meet our safety goal of Zero Today.
What you'll do
- Supervise all personnel on a project and enforce company & job site-specific safety procedures
- Ensure crew follows safe work practices, including wearing personal protective equipment and safety devices.
- Conduct comprehensive safety assessments (i.e., fall protection, scaffolds, excavation, confined space, crane/equipment operations, electrical, property damage and personal injury investigations)
- Document safety violations or unsafe conditions/activities and ensure corrective measures are immediately implemented
- Confirm compliance with contractual safety obligations
- Review documentation to ensure all required records, owner requirements and reports are established by SpawGlass and specialist contractors
- Accompany third party and owner inspections on walking tours of the project
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management, occupational health and safety, business administration or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A successful track record in construction safety management with a focus on building construction safety
- Proficiency with computers and technical applications including construction management software, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Eagerness to continue your professional development and grow your talent while achieving the SpawGlass mission
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.