San Antonio, TX /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As a project accountant, you will assist project management with timely recognition, approval and payment of subcontractors, vendors and suppliers per the specific contract terms. Additionally, you will ensure that the monthly owner billing is properly posted and assist with collection efforts.
What you'll do
- Process subcontract requests and material invoices for payment
- Administer subcontractor and second tier claims and notices
- Review and manage compliance of commercial terms in subcontract agreement
- Manage payment compliance in system
- Work with project management to complete and post monthly owner billings
- Resolve variances in cash receipts with accounts receivable
- Review and adjust sales and use tax on sales and purchases
- Perform cost allocations and reallocations
- Complete month end closing process, including cost accruals
- Assist the project team with job closeout of subcontracts, billing and forecast
- Enforce compliance with company policy and recognize exceptions
- Support auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Preferably, experience in construction accounting (recent graduates will also be considered)
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and application of general accounting theory
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work collaboratively with team members throughout the organization
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.