Houston, TX /
Building Construction – Operations Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Superintendent, you will ensure the project is completed safely, successfully, and on time while maintaining a high-quality consistency that is expected of any SpawGlass project. Every day we'll rely on you to go beyond minimum safety compliance standards, monitor the project budget, champion our Zero-Defect Process, track productivity, and manage project teams. To thrive in this role, you should be safety-minded, proactive, and a great communicator with a passion for building.
What you'll do
- Practice safety awareness and lead the efforts to attain a zero-incident project
- Utilizing Lean Scheduling Processes, establish the project schedule and jointly prepare the production budget with the project manager
- Much like safety, take a proactive approach to quality control and achieve our goal of zero defects
- Lead and coordinate SpawGlass team members and subcontractors while monitoring job costs and tracking production
- Review contract drawings and specifications for early discovery of potential conflicts, omissions, or other pertinent issues
- Purchase job-site materials (i.e. consumables) through competitive pricing practices and maintain an on-site inventory, including company-rented equipment, small tools, and third-party rental equipment
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience serving as the lead superintendent on commercial construction projects
- Proficiency with technical applications including scheduling software, construction management software, and Microsoft Office
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.