Assistant Construction Superintendent
Fort Worth, TX
Students & Early Careers – Building Construction /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Assistant Superintendent, you will provide support to the project team as you strive to achieve the highest level of professional performance and learn to overcome construction challenges related to sophisticated and complex projects. Every day we'll rely on you to promote our safety culture, conduct quality control inspections, assist with project schedules, review contract drawings, and aid in delivering the project earlier than expected and below budgeted costs. To thrive in this role, you will need to take the initiative, find solutions, and communicate effectively.
What you'll do
- Review and establish the project mobilization plan, the project schedule, a thorough understanding of approved show drawings, contract drawings and contract specifications
- Assist in developing and executing the Project Specific Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and the Zero-Defect Process
- Support and deliver updates to the project schedule, craft worker timesheets, daily journals, self-perform quantity updates, revised contract drawings and specifications, ordering of material and equipment,
- Participate in safety meetings, subcontractor meetings, job site safety inspections and daily huddles as part of our Lean Scheduling Process
- Document and maintain subcontractor safety programs, hazard communication, JSA's and safety inspections
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the fundamentals of the construction industry
- Eagerness to continue your professional development and grow your talent
- Experience with technical applications (i.e., scheduling software, project management software, Microsoft Office)
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four- inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, ear plugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.