San Antonio, TX /
Civil Construction /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Civil Division pursues civil infrastructure projects as well as concrete and sitework on commercial construction projects. Projects include building foundations, sitework, parks, roads, sidewalks, parking lots and toll plazas. As a concrete finisher, you will perform a variety of technical, skilled and physical duties related to concrete maintenance and concrete finishing, primarily on flat surface concrete projects, including sidewalks, curbs, gutters and streets.
What you'll do
- Follow best practices and ensure safety is paramount on site
- Perform quality concrete work as well as the necessary preparations (e.g., plan reading, measurements, form setting)
- Safely utilize concrete tools, techniques and practices; concrete and cement mixtures and their elementary properties; and block laying and concrete pipe installation
- Assist with the safety regulations of the job site (e.g., proper barricades, signage, equipment and materials)
What you bring to the team
- Previous experience as a concrete finisher on civil construction projects
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- You are passionate about learning and growing your skillset
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.