Construction Equipment Operator
Houston, TX /
Civil Construction – Craft Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Equipment Operator, you will support the civil construction team with various equipment operating activities, achieving the highest quality of workmanship. Every day you will operate construction equipment to meet daily dirt work production requirements and use sound judgment when performing tasks. To thrive in this role, you should have a can-do attitude, the ability to operate equipment safely and the commitment to achieve the SpawGlass mission.
What you'll do
- Operate construction equipment such as mini excavators, front end loaders, dozers and graders in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure all equipment is safely and securely stored, advising foreman or superintendent if maintenance is needed
- Communicate with individuals on the job site to ensure the appropriate tasks are performed and access to business, houses, water supply and other sites are maintained
- Following safe operating procedures and avoid unsafe practices that may result in line strikes, injury, property damage or loss of life
- Support the project team in other phases of the project when not operation equipment
What you bring to the team
- Civil construction equipment operation experience (heavy highway, road and bridge)
- Strong decision making, interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- You are passionate about learning and growing your skillset
- You have a high-quality approach and will make safety a priority in your daily work routine
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.