Fort Worth, TX /
Building Construction – Operations Support /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Estimator, you will be accountable for the successful completion of the estimating process and bidding of all major projects to include healthcare, institutional, government, and office/corporate. Project delivery types include design/build, negotiated GMP, lump-sum bidding and construction manager-at-risk contracts.
What you'll do
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers
- Maintain database with current contact information for subcontractors and vendors
- Update external Company website with current bid information
- Request quotations – organize, review and log quotes received
- Visit project sites to observe construction methods
- Update skills for software tools and technology utilized
- Perform post-bid analysis (i.e., “bid tabs”)
- Assist with cost control system set-up
- Participate in bid review meetings with owner or owner’s representatives
- Participate in project hand-off meetings
- Deliver major bids, retrieve drawings and other miscellaneous bid-related tasks
What you bring to the team
- You have estimating experience in commercial construction
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience
- Experience with iSqFt and CostOS is a plus
- Prior construction field experience preferred
- Ability to conceptualize the project schedule from project start through completion, including sequence/phasing of work
- Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques, and cost control
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.