Harlingen, TX /
Building Construction – Operations Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Project Manager, you will build an effective and professional relationship with the client, overcome challenges related to construction practices and motivate your team to complete a project of the highest possible quality. Every day we'll rely on you to use your leadership skills to go beyond minimum safety compliance standards, create solutions for unforeseen construction issues or conditions, and strive to deliver the project earlier than expected and below budgeted costs. To thrive in this role, you should be a great communicator and problem-solver that takes intentional steps to help others grow.
What you'll do
- Lead your team to achieve a zero-incident project
- Establish and maintain an excellent client relationship
- Conduct advanced preparation in the preconstruction process by studying the plans, specifications, site, estimate, and contract
- Apply lean principles to the project per the Lean Scheduling Process
- Ensure project income reflects all current or future changes in contract scope
- Understand and abide by all legal, contract, and design documents
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A successful track record as a project manager and/or superintendent in the construction industry
- Experience with computers and technical applications (i.e., scheduling software, construction management software, Microsoft Office)
- Eagerness to continue your professional development and grow your talent while achieving the SpawGlass mission
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.