Business Development Manager
San Antonio, TX /
Building Construction – Business Development /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Business Development Manager, you will create and carry out an effective business development plan that will contribute to our growth and enable us to advance our purpose. Every day we will rely on you to identify and track project opportunities and build relationships with team members, clients, subcontractors, and business partners. To thrive in this role, you should have strong research and strategy development skills and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.
What you'll do
- Collaborate internally with SpawGlass team members, make project pursuit recommendations, and maintain a network of client, subcontractor, and business partner relationships that will foster growth in team-identified markets
- Contribute to winning and interview strategies by providing intelligence that can improve our competitive posture
- Engage in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) community by participating in events and conferences including COAA, AIA, and ABC
- Research and monitor the competitive landscape and prepare a strategic business development plan that will aid in achieving our revenue targets
- Maintain our customer relationship management (CRM) system with opportunities, progress updates, contact information, etc.
What you bring to the team
- You have experience conducting market research and developing new business strategies and pursuits
- Prior industry-related business development experience is preferred
- Proficiency with a customer relationship management system and Microsoft Office
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.