Houston, TX /
Building Services – Operations Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Building Services Division specializes in interior renovations, construction of small, ground-up projects, maintenance services, repair work, minor modifications and urgent construction services. The Building Services Supervisor will be accountable for planning, performing and leading these services for a multitude of commercial clients.
What you'll do
- Perform in a fast paced and flexible environment while managing various teams throughout the life of the project including methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, work schedule and document actual hours worked
- Support the preconstruction phase with estimating and implement compliance with drawings, specifications and scheduling
- Serve as liaison with the owner, engineers and specialty contractors to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc.
- Promote safety, compliance and continuous development with your team and share best practices & lessons learned
What you bring to the team
- Experience with interior renovations, maintenance services and/or small ground-up projects
- Experience in a supervisor role
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- A valid driver license and ability to safely transport building materials to jobsites
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.