Skilled Trades Technician
Craft Professionals – Building Services /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our technician, you will support the Building Services team with the completion of specialized commercial construction interior renovations, small ground-up projects, facility maintenance services, repair work, minor modifications and urgent construction services. Every day we'll rely on you to use your trade expertise to provide the absolute best construction experience while performing various carpentry, punch lists and housekeeping activities. To thrive in this role, you must have a proactive approach to your workload and the ability to adapt to potential challenges.
What you'll do
- Perform general carpentry tasks including repairing and refinishing walls or structures, hanging drywall, installing metal framing, painting, installing flooring, ceiling tiles, and doors & hardware
- Contribute each day to our safety goal of zero-incident projects by going beyond basic compliance standards
- Review supervisor-generated weekly schedules and partner with a lead tech to layout work activities
- Take charge of job site cleanliness and help ensure our team consistently delivers high-quality work to our clients
What you bring to the team
- Skilled trades experience in interior renovations, maintenance services, and/or small ground-up projects on commercial projects (e.g., corporate offices, retail, healthcare, higher education, K-12, etc.)
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- A valid driver's license and ability to safely transport building materials to job sites
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.