Corpus Christi, TX /
Building Construction /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As an intern, you will be supporting the project team while engaging in learning opportunities from multiple aspects of the operation.
What you'll do
- Distribute drawings to specialty contractors, solicit bids and scope quotes, compile bids for project manager.
- Compile and process specialty contractor change orders and RFIs.
- Compile and process contract revisions, owner change order requests and owner change orders.
- Set up and maintain office “document” drawing set, including sketches and addenda.
- Handle the submittal process (prepare submittals, maintain submittal log, coordinate workflow, maintain files).
- Assist project manager in keeping project schedules up-to-date.
- Assist in field setting controls and performing layout.
- Work with safety proctor onsite to gain understanding of safety practices.
- Work with estimating department to gain basic understanding of estimating practices.
- Perform additional assignments as required.
What you bring to the team
- Actively enrolled in a college/university pursuing a degree in construction management, engineering technology or similar.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications or similar
- A general knowledge of construction and/or the drive to learn
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four- inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, ear plugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.