Senior Construction Project Manager
Corpus Christi, TX
Experienced Professionals – Building Construction /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Senior Project Manager, you will lead the delivery of projects that prioritize safety, quality, financial viability, and client satisfaction, all within the established timelines and budgets. Every day we will rely on you to implement project-specific safety and quality control plans, meticulously manage costs, develop resolution plans for identified issues, regularly review project schedules, and cultivate a trusting relationship with the client. To thrive in this role, you should have the ability to foster collaborative relationships, communicate effectively, anticipate challenges, and prioritize client satisfaction among others.
What you'll do
- In partnership with the superintendent, foster a safety culture that prioritizes the well-being of all team members, striving for zero safety incidents throughout the life of each project.
- Procure subcontractors and suppliers while engaging in thorough preconstruction preparations that include the comprehensive study of plans, specifications, site, estimate, and contract
- Utilize project dashboards and reports to identify potential issues, and devise and execute resolution plans to minimize impact on project timelines and budgets.
- Achieve financial success throughout the project by meticulously managing budgets, optimizing costs, and fostering transparent communication, ensuring stakeholder confidence and project profitability.
- Ensure implementation of our quality control plan and procedures, contributing to the successful, defect-free completion of all project deliverables
- Collaborate with the superintendent to create and oversee project schedules, optimizing the utilization of manpower, materials, and equipment, and ensuring the continuous application of Lean principles
- Proactively identify and mitigate potential risks in contracts and on the project sites to ensure smooth project execution and minimize disruptions
- Execute a well-organized and efficient project closeout, ensuring client satisfaction, timely completion of all contractual obligations, and the establishment of a positive foundation for future collaborations
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A successful track record as a project manager and/or superintendent in the construction industry
- Experience with Primavera P6, Bluebeam, and construction management software preferred
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.