San Antonio, TX /
Preconstruction | Estimating /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
Responsible for managing the successful delivery of BIM services throughout all stages of design, preconstruction, construction and transition to facility management. The BIM Manager is charged leading and guiding the efforts of the BIM department and multiple project teams to enable our projects to realize the 3D/4D/5D benefits of Building Information Modeling.
The BIM/VDC Specialist will seek to strategically and operationally leverage BIM technology to expand our client's industry leading business base. He or she will interface with division leadership, BIM staff, project managers, estimating, customers and subcontractors giving the candidate a full bodied and rewarding job experience.
What you'll do
- Manage the total scope and quality of BIM services.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and management of project BIM strategy; coordinate with project or division management.
- Assist in the identification of projects which are to utilize BIM services; coordinate with operations managers and other senior management team members.
- Coordinate with owners, design teams, operations and estimating personnel to determine overall scope of BIM activities to be performed on assigned projects; ensure that projects are offered comprehensive slate of BIM services, as appropriate.
- Ensure that communication is maintained with operations and management personnel in regard to all BIM issues for their particular projects.
- Take lead role in the development and delivery of innovative, technically creative presentations and software demonstrations for projects and other BIM marketing opportunities; effectively communicate and present.
- Assist with responses to RFP questions and requirements; maintain library of example models and past BIM experience for demonstration of capabilities.
- Assume key role in the implementation of BIM on projects utilizing an Integrated Project Delivery approach.
- Prepare BIM Action Items List for assigned projects and take action; ensure that scheduled completion of assigned tasks is achieved to meet project requirements; coordinate responsibilities and assignments between field and office personnel.
- Establish effective coordination procedures with design teams to ensure that design phase completion levels, level of detail issues, and quality control matches expectations; ensure that questions regarding projects and model information are properly documented and addressed to design team.
- Lead the creation, development and ongoing maintenance of BIM models (or conversion of 2D plans or PDF's to 3D models) for projects; create conceptual models based on similar projects and historical cost information.
- Guide preconstruction and operations personnel in the utilization of BIM for visualization, coordination, and constructability; prepare models to effectively convey cost management alternatives, when appropriate.
- Assist preconstruction personnel with quantity extraction and ensure the preparation of clear, properly formatted material takeoff schedules from the building model.
- Any other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team
- Four-year college degree in related field (B.S. or B.A. degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture and/or Associates degree in drafting/design)
- 2 - 5 years of demonstrated experience in the implementation and utilization of BIM technologies and/or related design/drafting/graphics software on multiple projects
- Preconstruction/estimating experience
- Field/Operations experience
- Healthcare experience
- Proficient with blueprint reading, document interpretation for all design disciplines
- Proficiency with BIM software.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking and sitting alternately, lifting up to 20 lbs.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.