San Antonio, TX /
Civil Construction – Craft Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Civil Division pursues civil infrastructure projects as well as concrete and site work on commercial construction projects. Projects include building foundations, site work, parks, roads, sidewalks, parking lots, and toll plazas. The concrete carpenter will construct build-in-place or engineered forming systems following specifications for molding concrete structures. With a team of qualified professionals dedicated to providing our clients with the absolute best construction experience, SpawGlass is structured to provide services throughout the entire lifecycle of projects.
What you'll do
- Construct and set forms for concrete structures (i.e., sidewalks, walls, and various foundations)
- Safely utilize an array of tools to properly place concrete, from hand tools to rebar
- Accurately interpret blueprint and diagram calculations for formwork type and dimensions
- Support the project team by ensuring the field crew operates within the standard procedures
What you bring to the team
- Previous experience as a concrete carpenter on civil and commercial construction projects
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- You are passionate about learning and growing your skillset
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.