Field Surveyor - Vertical Construction
Experienced Professionals – Building Construction /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Layout Technician, you will ensure precise and accurate surveying throughout the construction process to support the successful execution of each project. Every day we'll rely on you to provide critical support to the superintendent in quality control and field management, ensuring the utmost quality in all executed work. To thrive in this role, you should possess strong communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a genuine passion for providing the absolute best construction experience.
What you'll do
- Provide construction layout as requested by supervision including control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts (i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, grading, etc.)
- Survey the existing conditions of the future work site to prevent conflicts with utility lines such as drainage pipes, electrical ducts, etc.
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities
- Coordinate with the project team and verify the location of structures during construction
- Provide as-built surveying and verify that work was completed in accordance with specifications and codes
- Locate, create, and maintain control points and benchmarks in the project area
- Ensure proper survey methods are used by all crew members and check all work for accuracy
- Investigate and provide solutions to survey issues
- Prepares documentation of survey activities and retains records of field books and files
- Read and check construction set plans and report any identified mistakes or problems
- Maintenance of survey equipment
What you bring to the team
- Previous experience, education or certifications in survey/field engineering
- Survey design software experience, preferred
- Robotics and GPS instrumentation knowledge, preferred
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.