Building Services Technician
Houston, TX /
Building Services /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Building Services Division specializes in interior renovations, construction of small, ground-up projects, maintenance services, repair work, minor modifications and urgent construction services. As a Building Services Technician, you will perform various aspects of these services for a multitude of commercial clients.
What you'll do
- Perform general carpentry tasks such as repairing and refinishing walls or structures, hanging drywall, installing metal framing, painting, installing flooring, ceiling tiles, doors and hardware
- Develop and maintain client relationships, pursue leads and drive new business
- Perform quantity take-offs, basic labor and material estimating
- Gain knowledge of request for information (RFIs), submittals and architect generated documents
What you bring to the team
- Experience with interior renovations, maintenance services and/or small ground-up projects
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- A valid driver license and ability to safely transport building materials to jobsites
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.