College Station, TX
Experienced Professionals – Building Construction /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our superintendent, you will champion a safety-first culture, build collaborative relationships with project stakeholders, and adeptly manage costs, quality, and production schedules. Every day we'll rely on you to strive for zero safety incidents, manage labor, equipment, and material costs, execute project-specific quality control plans, review drawings and specifications, coordinate construction means and methods, and maintain oversight of the construction schedule. Success in this role requires a commitment to safety, a proactive risk-mitigation approach, and strong critical thinking and communication skills.
What you'll do
- Foster a safety culture that prioritizes the well-being of all team members, striving for zero safety incidents throughout the life of each project
- Manage all construction means and methods to ensure that the project continuously progresses forward according to SpawGlass objectives in terms of safety, quality, time, and budget.
- In coordination with the project manager, establish production budgets and project schedules, utilizing Lean Scheduling Processes for efficient planning
- Review contract drawings and specifications thoroughly during the design phase or job study period for early issue identification
- Plan and execute site mobilization and utilization strategies, including the establishment of site services, temporary utilities, waste removal, and security services
- Manage and coordinate subcontractors, layout technicians, assistant superintendents, and self-perform teams while accurately coding onsite costs and tracking productivity with a focus on overall budget costs
- Develop and implement project-specific Safety and Quality Control plans
- Monitor the status of all materials and equipment including extended lead times and those procured by subcontractors
- Conduct various job site meetings, including the Superintendent’s weekly work plan, subcontractor meetings, safety meetings, and daily huddles as part of the Lean Scheduling Process.
- Establish collaborative relationships with subcontractors, owners, architects, and engineers.
- Maintain a comprehensive daily journal in Procore, while updating the project manager about noteworthy events including site activities, material and equipment deliveries, quality management issues, staffing concerns, and safety matters among others
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience serving as the lead superintendent on commercial construction projects
- Proficiency with technical applications including scheduling software, construction management software, and Microsoft Office
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.