Harlingen, TX /
Building Construction – Craft Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Carpenter Foreman, you will support the building construction team by managing the carpentry/form setting crew with various carpentry woodworking activities, achieving the highest quality of workmanship. Every day you will supervise production needs, ensure our culture of safety is being implemented and serve as a subject matter expert to the project team. To thrive in this role, you should have strong decision-making & interpersonal skills and the commitment to achieve the SpawGlass mission.
What you'll do
- Ability to plan and execute built-in place or prefabricated wooden forms according to specifications for molding concrete structures
- Supervise all work activities by SpawGlass field employees and all specialty contractors while promoting rapport and teamwork
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of work being completed to step in if needed or conduct training
- Know, comply with and be passionate about all SpawGlass safety rules/policies and OSHA regulations, including hazardous communications, fall protection plan, confined space program, etc.
- Under the direction of the superintendent, conduct daily/weekly “Tool Box Talks” on assigned subjects
- Attend all required meetings, including scheduled supervisory meetings and other company events/functions as assigned
What you bring to the team
- Commercial carpentry experience
- Crew supervision experience
- Ability to read, write and interpret blueprint and safety information
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- Strong decision making, interpersonal and communication skills
- A high-quality approach and will make safety a priority in your daily work routine
- Passion about learning and growing your skillset
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.