Construction Concrete Finisher Foreman
San Antonio, TX /
Civil Construction – Craft Professional /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Civil Division pursues civil infrastructure projects as well as concrete and sitework on commercial construction projects. Work includes building foundations, sitework, parks, roads, sidewalks, parking lots and toll plazas. The concrete finisher foreman will take a hands-on approach to daily work activities, manage a concrete team and ensure all assignments are completed in a safe and timely manner, utilizing the highest quality of workmanship.
What you'll do
- Ability to plan and execute concrete paving pours, construct headwalls, wing walls, cast-in-place box culverts and bridges
- Supervise all work activities by SpawGlass field employees and all specialty contractors while promoting rapport and teamwork
- Serve as a subject matter expert in field of work being completed to step in if needed or conduct training
- Know, comply with and be passionate about all SpawGlass safety rules/policies and OSHA regulations, including hazardous communications, fall protection plan, confined space program, etc.
- Under direction of the superintendent, conduct daily/weekly “Tool Box Talks” on assigned subjects
- Attend all required meetings, including scheduled supervisory meetings and other company events/functions as assigned
What you bring to the team
- Previous supervisor, concrete and civil construction experience
- FAA P-501 experience is preferred
- Ability to read safety information and write
- Knowledge with and expertise with TxDOT paving specs is required
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our belief in building people is at the center of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our mission to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience can be achieved by drawing on diverse backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives. By creating a community where every team member's voice is heard, ideas are welcomed and unique experiences are leveraged, our team members can be authentic and contribute their best work.