Houston, TX /
Building Construction /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As a senior superintendent, you will promote a safety-conscious culture and provide leadership at all phases of commercial construction projects, from initial planning to completion. With a team of qualified professionals dedicated to providing our clients with the absolute best construction experience, SpawGlass is structured to provide services throughout the entire lifecycle of projects
What you'll do
- Capitalize on your experience as a general contractor superintendent, contribute your knowledge and act as a resource to other projects valued in excess of $30 million
- Comprehensive understanding of legal and contract terms
- Understand CPM scheduling techniques, analyze schedules and make recommendations, encourage scheduling discipline and technique with team members
- Be proficient with quantity surveys and field estimates, possess sound judgment and utilize outside resources when necessary
- Lead preconstruction planning and specialty contractor scopes and participate in buy-out meetings
- Analyze budget reports and prepare risk management plans accordingly, consistently demonstrate the tenacity to improve financial performance on projects, best-in-class management of direct field labor
- Understand contract deliverables and transfer working knowledge to team members
- Interpret reports and formulate action plans, possess sound documentation skills, best-in-class delegation and monitoring skills
- Carry out top-of-the-league project controls techniques, be an effective teacher and supervise multiple superintendents
- Impact player: rescue meetings and facilitate conflict resolution when/if necessary
- Assume lead responsibility on multiple projects, maintain a successful track record, collect final payment in 90 days and obtain complete client satisfaction
- Best-in-class communication skills; “over communicate” as necessary to ensure understanding and actions required and maintain good follow-up procedures
- Demonstrate proven win-win negotiations
- Practice continuous improvement and contribute to organizational excellence - be a change agent
- Maintain lasting relationships with business partners and community, demonstrate exceptional team building and conflict resolution skills with both internal and external clients
- “Get the most” out of others; motivate your team members
- Industry leader in client satisfaction, secure raving fan letters from clients, architects and specialty contractors
- Seek out personal and professional development opportunities for you and your team; train and develop your replacement
- Be proficient with available resources and tools; mentor others in best practices and applications
- Lead your team with the highest ethical standards and follow the SpawGlass Ethics Policy at all times
What you'll bring to the team
- You are an experienced superintendent; a veteran of the field, with a history of leading medium to large-scale commercial projects
- A Bachelor of Science in construction management, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- You’re passionate about what you do and enjoy developing those around you
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four- inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, ear plugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.