Construction Project Manager
San Antonio, TX
Experienced Professionals – Building Construction /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Project Manager, you will build a highly professional and trusting relationship with the client and your project team, ensure project financials are maintained, and find solutions to challenges you may inherently face on complex commercial projects. Every day we'll rely on you to use your leadership skills to go beyond minimum safety compliance standards, manage all current and future changes in contract scope, and strive to deliver the project earlier than expected and below budgeted costs. To thrive in this role, you should be proactive, solutions-oriented, and a skillful communicator.
What you'll do
- Lead your team to achieve a zero-incident project
- Establish and maintain an excellent client relationship
- Conduct advanced preparation in the preconstruction process by studying the plans, specifications, site, estimate, and contract
- Apply lean principles to the project per the Lean Scheduling Process
- Ensure project income reflects all current or future changes in contract scope
- Understand and abide by all legal, contract, and design documents
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A successful track record as a project manager and/or superintendent in the construction industry
- Experience with Primavera P6, Bluebeam, and construction management software preferred
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four- inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, ear plugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.