Assistant Construction Project Manager
Fort Worth, TX
Students & Early Careers – Building Construction /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
As our Assistant Project Manager, you will provide support to the project team as you strive to achieve the highest level of professional performance and learn to overcome construction challenges related to sophisticated and complex projects. Every day we'll rely on you to promote our safety culture, assist with maintaining the project budget, track & relay information regarding material procurement, verify & process submittals and RFIs, and aid in delivering the project earlier than expected and below budgeted costs. To thrive in this role, you will need to take the initiative, find solutions, and communicate effectively.
What you'll do
- Support project procurement items, such as buyout, submittals, approvals, fabrication, delivery of project materials
- Participate in the implementation of the preconstruction schedule, subcontractor evaluation, Quality Control Plan, Risk Management Plan, client satisfaction assessment, Zero-Defect-Process (ZDP), preparation of six-week look-ahead schedules and weekly work plan
- Establish and maintains an excellent client relationship, legal construction documents, contract requirements, subcontracts, project budget, labor management, cost reports and monthly billing
- Assist the team with the reviewing, processing and tracking of all submittals, RFIs, shop drawings, BIM assignments, safety, quality and production issues
- Provide assistance for all project documentation, successful closeout, understanding of bonds, insurance and subcontractor default insurance
What you bring to the team
- A degree in construction management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the fundamentals of the construction industry
- Eagerness to continue your professional development and grow your talent
- Experience with technical applications (i.e., scheduling software, project management software, Microsoft Office)
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have a depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
You will be required to wear puncture-resistant footwear, long pants and four-inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, earplugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.