Building Services Supervisor
Fort Worth, TX /
Building Services /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Building Services Division specializes in interior renovations, construction of small, ground-up projects, maintenance services, repair work, minor modifications and urgent construction services. The Building Services Supervisor reports to the Building Services Manager and will be accountable for planning, performing and leading these services for a multitude of commercial clients.
What you'll do
- Plan and supervise all aspects of the job, to include method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and document actual hours worked
- Serve as liaison with owner, engineers and specialty contractors to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc. comply with drawings, specifications and schedule
- Assist in resolving construction issues (lack of productivity, work sequences, etc.) as required
- General carpentry
- Set up and operate wood working tools to cut, form and finish material
- Repair and refinish walls and structures
- Frame and hang drywall and perform minor drywall finishing
- Paint and touch up paint after structure repairs
- Form, place and finish concrete
- Install and repair ceilings
- Hang doors and install locks and hardware
- Cut, fit and weld structural and miscellaneous steel
- Install various types of flooring
- Maintain tools, if certified
- Work neatly and clean up after completion of project
- Operate safely at all times
- Be active in morale and team building
- Required to have a valid driver license and ability to safely transport building materials to job sites
- Other various duties as assigned
What you bring to the team
- Experience with interior renovations, maintenance services and/or small ground-up projects
- Experience in a supervisor role
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- A valid driver license and ability to safely transport building materials to jobsites
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.