Skilled Trades Supervisor
Fort Worth, TX
Experienced Professionals – Building Services /
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are an employee-owned, Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and together we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Building Services Division specializes in interior renovations, construction of small, ground-up projects, maintenance services, repair work, minor modifications and urgent construction services. The Building Services Supervisor will be accountable for planning, performing and leading these services for a multitude of commercial clients.
What you'll do
- Perform in a fast-paced and flexible environment while managing various teams throughout the life of the project including methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, work schedule, and job hour allocations
- Build and maintain client relationships, pursue leads and drive new business
- Support the preconstruction phase with estimating and implementing compliance with drawings, specifications, and scheduling
- Serve as the communication link between the owner, engineers, and specialty contractors as it relates to required materials, equipment, inspections, etc.
- Promote safety, compliance, best practices, and continuous learning with your team
What you bring to the team
- Skilled trades experience with interior renovations, maintenance services, and/or small ground-up projects
- Prior experience supervising project teams and subcontractors
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- A valid driver's license and ability to safely transport building materials to job sites
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.