Light Equipment Operator
San Antonio, TX /
Civil Construction /
A COMPANY OF EMPLOYEE OWNERS.
Our story began in 1953 and is co-authored by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass. We are a Texas-based construction services provider and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience. At the heart of our organization, is our people, and we strive to fulfill our purpose each day by living the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner.
The SpawGlass Civil Division pursues civil infrastructure projects as well as concrete and sitework on commercial construction projects. Work includes: building foundations, sitework, parks, roads, sidewalks, parking lots and toll plazas. As a light equipment operator, you will be responsible for operating a variety of light motorized equipment in a safe and effective manner.
What you'll do
- Operate light equipment such as bobcats and rollers in a safe and effective manner to avoid the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Communicate with individuals on jobsite to ensure appropriate task is performed
- Ensure all equipment is safely and securely stored
- Follow signal directions while safely operating equipment
- Ensure access to businesses, houses, water supply and other sites are maintained
- Make certain no digging is done unless all safety precautions have been taken to ensure lines are not broken
- Advise foreman or superintendent if any maintenance needs to be performed
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
What you bring to the team
- Experience operating or maintain light construction equipment
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- You are passionate about learning and growing your skillset
- You have a high-quality approach and will support our mission of delivering the absolute best construction experience to our clients
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, have depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. and maximum single person lifting of 50 lbs. For items over 50 lbs. get assistance from a co worker. Team members must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift. Ability to work in outside temperatures from 25 - 115 degrees.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.