Technical Content Writer
Spectral envisions a future where users can access decentralized finance products seamlessly in conjunction with traditional financial services. We believe that the data on blockchains as well as off-chain data can be harnessed to provide credit scores to on-chain users and easy-to-use financial services unavailable to the general population right now.
We are building a credit scoring system relying on on-chain activity, off-chain data and trust-scoring reputation-based models. Our products are designed to be inherently decentralized and the majority of our code will be open-sourced. We follow a research-driven approach and are backed by some of the top investors in the industry such as Galaxy Digital.
We're looking for a creative and passionate Technical Content Writer to join our team and be the voice of Spectral, leading our efforts to create insightful and engaging content. You will play a key role in articulating our vision by reaching thousands of readers, crafting both educational, technical and thought-leadership content targeted at key decision-makers, data scientists and more general audiences helping drive Spectral to the next level. This is a cross-functional role where you will work together with multiple teams on a day-to-day basis. This position reports directly to the CMO.
- Architect a world-class publishing strategy, manage its execution from content ideation to publication.
- Develop and review original and engaging content to educate, influence, and inspire a large community of members across the blog and newsletter.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to maximize awareness of tech releases and product launches, integration announcements, company updates, and other selected internal and public-facing written content.
- Manage external communication opportunities with selected parties (co-marketing, content syndication, PR agencies, press releases, guest posting, etc).
- Research hot topics, upcoming trends and news-hijacking opportunities for on-chain credit scoring and programmable creditworthiness and frequently propose first-class content ideas.
- Partner with product, business development, and creative team for content creation
- Recommend changes to blog architecture, content, (back- and inter-)linking, and other factors to improve SEO positioning for selected top queries.
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English and master the art of structured communication, adapting style, voice, and tone accordingly.
- You can break down complex ideas about and explain these in easy-to-understand concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have prior experience writing highly engaging blockchain-related technical content. You have proven and relevant work experience as a writer or similar role in the blockchain space, ideally able to showcase a portfolio of published articles.
- You have prior experience leading a successful content strategy and enforcing deadlines using an editorial calendar.
- You are autonomous, comfortable navigating ambiguity, and feel at peace in a dynamic and innovative start-up environment.
- You are proactive and highly organized in managing multiple projects with tight deadlines, are detail-oriented and have outstanding project management skills.
- You have prior experience with SEO strategies, keyword research, and familiarity in optimizing key website engagement metrics.
- You have a genuine interest in blockchain and web3 technologies, or prior experience in DeFi or FinTech and are ideologically aligned with the vision of a permissionless risk infrastructure.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.