Engineering – Data Engineering /
As Spendesk's customer base grows and our platform scales with new features, the growth of our data team becomes increasingly crucial. We are currently seeking an Analytics Engineer to strengthen the team further.
The team is responsible for building the data platform that serves analytics and powers the Spendesk product and internal teams by leveraging data. Our team focuses on gathering data from all sources onto the data platform to build a source of truth and provide the right tooling to teams to access and leverage data in a self-service fashion.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will design, develop, and maintain the company's analytics infrastructure, including data pipelines, data warehousing, and data visualization tools to support reporting and analytics needs of the organization. You will advocate and promote best practices at every level, anticipate growth, and be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data that is collected and analysed.
As the data team plays a central role at Spendesk, you will work with many stakeholders to identify business opportunities and translate them into technical specifications. You will also collaborate with your teammates (data engineers and ML engineers) to drive projects and achieve objectives as the company and the team continue to grow.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for ingesting and transforming data from various sources.
- Design and develop data models to support business reporting and analytics needs.
- Lead data governance initiatives to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with our infrastructure, including data quality, ETL processes, and data pipelines.
- Promote and encourage the use of data by evangelizing and enabling self-service data capabilities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data technology and provide recommendations for improving our analytics capabilities.
- Actively participate in the data team's routines and enhancement plans.
Who we are looking for:
- You should have at least 1-2 years of experience in analytics engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and knowledge of database design, optimization, and maintenance.
- Experience with data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
- Familiar with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau or Power BI.
- Familiar with job orchestrators or scheduling tools like Airflow.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrating the ability to communicate complex business activities, technical requirements, and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Snowflake, dbt, Looker, Segment, Fivetran, Hightouch, Python, Airflow, AWS, Kubernetes
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.