Senior Data Engineer
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
The Data Team
The data team at Spendesk is a centralized and autonomous department that has two missions:
- enable Spendeskers to make better decisions, faster: i.e we strongly advocate and work towards data-driven decision making while building automated tools whenever possible
- make the product more valuable to our customers through workflows automation and insights: i.e we build differentiating features that help Spendesk stand out
Overall, the data team is currently composed of 9 people, and is growing to 15 people this year, with the ambition to scale fast next year and grow new use cases.
As much as Spendesk wants to be a leader in the payment industry, Spendesk's data team wants to be a reference in the industry and maximise impact on the business. This is a result of a combination of innovative organisation and leverage of top-notch tools and processes, combined with a team of highly motivated, ambitious and data-proficient professionals.
What will you do :
The fulfillment of the data team's mission relies heavily on the quality of our systems and data, thus on our data collection processes, tests, warehousing, ETL, infrastructure... Currently composed of one data engineer, we need an experienced engineer to be the technical lead of the data engineering team. You would work closely with our Head of Data, Data Business unit leads, Data Analysts and Scientists of the team as well as our product software engineering team.
In two words, you will be a strong contributor to our data infrastructure, working on our systems and databases to make them robust, scalable, and well designed, as well as work on our product to bring data science algorithms to production.
- Architect our data pipelines and overall data platform
- Design and maintain the overall schema of our analytics database
- Maintain a high standard on data quality putting in place processes and advocating for best practices
- Own the vision and scalability of our infrastructure
- Develop and advise on best practices to bring data science algorithms live for our internal or external data products
- Leverage software engineering skills to build automation features for our product
- Mentor our data analysts, scientists and engineers on everything related to data engineering
- Align data engineering efforts to internal (data) and/or external (cross discipline teams) needs
- Grow and develop a discipline of exceptional data engineers
- Must have (hard skills) :
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- Minimum of 4+ years of overall engineering experience
- Must have (soft skills) :
- Good communication skills
- Wants to have direct impact on the business
- Prior experience being a project or team lead
- Nice to have
- Previous fast growing startup experience
- Software engineering experience
- Small company experience
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Open for remote and flexible hours
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
- 13 Nationalities, English is our business language
- Brand new offices located in Silicon IX (near Gare St-Lazare)
- Free snacks and coffee
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency
- Thursdays socials with the team
- Lunchr cards
- Transportation (50%)