Senior data engineer
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
When we’re not coding, writing, demoing, and helping answer questions, you’ll find us eating sushi, playing Nerf war, traveling abroad, and having a drink after a good day at work.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
What will you do :
Within the data team, you will be a strong contributor to our data infrastructure, working on our systems and databases to make them robust, scalable, and well designed. You will also work on our product to bring data science algorithms to production.
- Contribute in the aggregation of raw data from our different data sources
- Architect and contribute in the building of our data warehouse models to be consumed by Spendeskers and analysts
- Contribute in keeping our data clean and consistent to be easily and safely consumed
- Help building data science pipelines working hand in hand with our data scientists
- Build automation in our product
- Python, SQL proficiency
- Data models proficiency
- You are rational, analytical, convey well ideas
- Good amount of DevOps knowledge - experience with AWS is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Great problem solver
- You have leadership skills
- 4+ years of experience, with at least some experience in software and data
- Top engineering school
- Interested in business matters but engineer in its soul
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
- Competitive salary, based on experience 💸
- Open for remote 🔭and flexible hours 🕰
- The laptop of your choice 💻
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
- The most incredible team in town 👫👯👬
- 13 Nationalities, half of the company don't speak French. 🇩🇪🇬🇧🇦🇹🇲🇦🇩🇿🇧🇪🇨🇮🇮🇪🇺🇸🇦🇺🇳🇿🇰🇿🇫🇷
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee ☕
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
- Thursday's beers 🍻with the team
- Lunchr cards 💳🍽
- Transportation (50%)