Head of Business and Sales Development - Germany
Sales – Sales /
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further €100m investment bringing our series C funding to over €200m and in the process becoming one of Europe’s latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
Spendesk is looking for a BDR Leader to own the strategy and execution of our DE inbound and outbound business development efforts as we undertake the next phase of our growth. Reporting to the DE Country Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience in leading SDR or BDR teams - leading a business development strategy and execution for a market.
- Leading a business development organization of 20 BDRs and SDRs and 3 first line managers as they produce qualified opportunities for our DE Sales Team.
- Help growing the teams exponentially over the next couple of years
- Owning the hiring, coaching and development strategy of all BDRs and SDRs within the organisation.
- Developing the current management team into world-class Business Development leaders.
- Building and executing ambitious hiring plans over the next 12 months in line with DE and Global Spendesk growth strategies.
- Work alongside DE Head of Sales & Country Manager with other global sales leaders to build strategic and tactical action plans to reach goals.
What we're looking for
- Animating an org → driving engagement, rituals, routines within a sales development org leading to increased performance and growth of reps.
- Coaching expert → has developed and executed formal coaching plans based on skills, not outputs.
- Strategic mindset → demonstrated ability to work hand-in-hand with sales to build out a targeted strategy to fill pipelines with right types of accounts.
- Cross-collaborator → experience working with multiple stakeholders to achieve strategic initiatives (e.g. working with sales enablement on onboarding programmes or product marketing on sales collateral).
- Hiring manager → has built, owned and executed on a hiring plan on time with the right fit candidates.
- Languages → Strong English and German language skills
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions