Engineering Team Lead- Growth
Engineering – Engineering /
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to help us develop a new squad within the Growth & Expansion group of Spendesk’s Product & Engineering organisation.
As its Engineering Team Lead, you will be leading the Growth squad responsible for driving Spendesk customers growth in a pivotal time as the company is moving from a sales led model to an hybrid growth engine combining sales motion with a powerful product led acquisition funnel.
The team will be new and you will also be able to grow it with new team members. Once fully established, the squad will have a Product Manager, a Product Designer, and 4-6 Software Engineers (backend, frontend and fullstack). Together you will collaborate in outlining, shaping, and implementing experiments and solutions at fast pace to improve our product-led sales tunnel and refine our free offer to provide a delightful experience and increase adoption of our products.
You will be reporting into the Engineering Manager of the broader Growth & Expansion group, who will be supporting you in launching the new team successfully alongside the squad’s Product Manager.
Our Engineers at Spendesk have a product mindset and can participate in product decisions and product discovery where there is ambiguity. We are looking for a leader who can get the most out of these teams and help them tackle challenging technical projects as well.
Our stack is mainly composed of Node, React, TypeScript, MySQL & PostgreSQL, AWS, (SQS, S3, Glacier, ...), Terraform & Kubernetes, and GitHub (even for the CI).
- Be the main technical point of contact of the team
- Collaborate with the squad’s Product Manager (working on the roadmap, resource allocation, tech scoping)
- Set-up and improve processes for maximising your squad’s efficiency
- Ensure the quality of the deliveries of your squad and manage timelines
- Review PRs and designs, overview technical decisions
- Define and communicate on SMART objectives
- Take care of the well-being and development of your squad members (mentoring , 1-1, career growth, team-building etc.)
- You are expected to be a facilitator
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5-6 years of software development experience
- At least 1 year of experience in managing and mentoring engineers
- Strong communication skills, including ability to provide meaningful feedback
- You have strong knowledge and hands-on experience with robust and scalable architecture patterns
- Ability to lead for experimentation and fast iteration
- Comfortable working on large projects and in a fast paced environment
- Proactive and naturally suggest solution for problems you identify
- Experience working closely to Marketing teams and growth-related topics (speak conversion rates, revenue ops tooling, etc…) is a plus
- Experience in fintech is a plus but not mandatory
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 11 RTT in 2022 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
What you can expect from the hiring process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of video calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of or CEO depending on the seniority level to review any remaining questions