Sales Development Representative - UK
Sales - UK /
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised €100m in a Series C funding round. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers, is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
Let's start with a bit of context:
Spendesk officially landed on the ground in the UK in early 2020. In that time, our team has grown (3x), we've found a home in the heart of Shoreditch, and most importantly, get to spend every day speaking with the most dynamic and exciting finance leaders in the UK.
As one of Spendesk's 3 core European markets (alongside France and Germany), we have bold ambitions for our team in the UK. We know the road ahead won't always be plain sailing, so that's why we're on the look out for an SDR who is willing to, like us, dare to bring about a better way for every company to spend money.
- There should be no limits to your creativity when it comes to outbound prospecting campaigns (emails, cold calls, video-mails, social selling, events) to generate leads on well-identified target markets to achieve your monthly targets of new opportunities created.
- Own the full sales development cycle, from initial engagement to qualified opportunity (This is not a meeting booking game). Therefore you are comfortable navigating from small to medium-sized businesses to multiple stakeholders and decision makers.
- Leverage our in-house built sales methodology whilst providing feedback and ideas on new tactics and techniques that can bring future growth to Spendesk.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams such as Customer Success, Marketing and Product to better solve your prospects problems today, and anticipate their new challenges tomorrow.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground by helping us identify new and exciting verticals and segments for us to explore.
What we're looking for:
- We don't care to which fancy business school you went, we are interested in smart, driven and ambitious sales players who are fearless on the phone and capable of driving results through activity.
- You have one year of experience in cold calling B2B prospects with a focus on outbound prospecting, ideally in a SMB environment
- Strong and eloquent communicator - you are able to influence your stakeholders and adapt your speech to all levels including C-Level prospects
- A great listener, this is about finding the breach and advise clients with a solution-oriented selling mindset
- Resilience: calling is like a game to you and you are always aiming for more wins
- Team player - honesty, trust and care is your second nature
What we offer our team:
- Subsidy for travelling to and from our Shoreditch office.
- Regular team building activities - including drinks and pizza every Thursday after our Company Town Hall meetings.
- We believe in a global sales team, so you'll have opportunities to travel between our FR, DE and UK offices (COVID Permitting).
How daring are you? Instead of sharing a cover letter, why don't you send us a quick video of you explaining why you are the right person for this job!
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions