Senior Data Analyst
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
The data team at Spendesk is a centralized and autonomous department that has two missions:
- Enable Spendeskers to make better decisions, faster: i.e we strongly advocate and work towards data-driven decision making while building automated tools whenever possible
- Make the product more valuable to our customers through workflows automation and insights: i.e we build differentiating features that help Spendesk stand out
As much as Spendesk wants to be a leader in the payment industry, its data team wants to be a reference in the industry and maximise impact on the business. This is a result of a combination of innovative organisation and leverage of top-notch tools and processes, combined with a team of highly motivated, ambitious and data-proficient professionals.
We need an experienced data analyst to bring our analytics to the next level. You would work closely with our head of data, fellow data analysts, data engineers and scientists as well as with business unit leads. The data team is currently composed of 10 people, with the ambition to scale next year and grow new use cases.
What you will do:
As a Senior Data Analyst you will be a key partner to Business and Product leaders to help them make the right decisions to drive performance. You will be providing state-of-the-art reporting to pilot our activity and also generating actionable insights to advise them on strategic decisions. You will be a technical role model for junior data analysts and contribute to infuse the data culture across Spendesk.
You will work hand-in-hand with fellow data analysts, data scientists and engineers, and team up with various business partners across the company on their problematics.
- Database: MySQL
- Warehouse: PostgreSQL, Snowflake
- Current ETL: Airflow, DBT, Fivetran, Segment, Stitch
- Vizualisation tool: Looker
- Tracking Hub / Library: Segment, Hull
- App Backend: Node.js
- App Frontend: React.js
- Advise product and business leaders on data-driven strategies by identifying problematics, defining key success metrics & measuring initiatives impact
- Proactively generate insights on our business and product data to improve our performance
- Closely work with our data scientists team to drive impactful machine learning projects
- Leverage our Business Intelligence platform - Looker - to infuse data across Spendesk by improving our reporting stack and implementing automated reports for our Business & Product leaders
- Ensure the quality of the data shared by our team by guaranteeing the consistency of the models created in our data warehouse
- Design & share best practices in terms of BI, analysis and modelling across the data team
- Contribute to develop a strong data culture and work hand-in-hand with operational teams to deliver the most actionable insights
- Help junior data analysts grow their analytics and modelling skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data analytics
- Excellent level in SQL and at least one other programming language (Python/R etc.)
- Statistical and/or data engineering knowledge
- Excellent level in a BI tool (Looker is a +)
- Experience with ETL tools (Airflow, DBT, Fivetran, Segment are a +)
- Adaptability (able to work with different sets of data and for different scopes)
- Great Business-sense, knows what are the key metrics of each business units
- Strong communication: can easily explain what they do, like to share analyses/guidelines/news with others
- Previous fast growing startup experience (Nice to have)
- Small company experience (Nice to have)