Junior Frontend Engineer
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will work on the front-end part of all future features! Your work will focus on improving our technical architecture and developing end-to-end features, and you'll be responsible of all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, maintainability.
You will work in strong collaboration with our designer, product managers and backend engineers to iterate on our product, define API requirements and participate in UX choices.
You will be part of one of our squad (1 Product Manager / 1 Product Designer / 4 Developers) that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time.
And because your work is not only about writing code, you will be a great team player with a high degree of collaboration: making the team better and learn from your pairs everyday is your mantra!
Needless to say that by joining our team as software engineer you'll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you'll make may have a huge impact. Exciting, isn't it?
- React/Redux, Apollo for our new graphQL stack
- Migrating to GraphQL
- NodeJS on the backend side
- Circle CI and Travis for continuous integration
- Knowledge in software development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- Knowledge of React or at least one JS framework (Vue, Angular, Backbone...)
- Great UI/UX sensibility
- Good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
- Passionate about code
- Autonomy, fast-learning, team player and proactiveness
- You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest timeframe.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to help us build and scale our application. If you love building and designing efficient and reliable products, and have a strong taste in UX/UI and mentoring people this job may well be for you! Having a 1st work experience in a FinTech start-up is a plus
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US?
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Remote and flexible hours
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
- The most incredible team in town
- 13 Nationalities, English is our business language
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency
- Thursday socials with the team
- Lunchr cards
- Transportation (50%)