Global Acquisition Manager (Search)
Marketing – Marketing /
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further €100m investment bringing our series C funding to over €200m and in the process becoming one of Europe’s latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
As Global Acquisition Manager (Search) at Spendesk, you’ll be responsible for driving and scaling new customer acquisition through paid and organic search marketing channels. You’ll be a channel expert in Paid Search and SEO with experienced in other PPC channels.
You’ll develop, implement and optimize multi-language search campaigns across a range of channels, using data to drive decisions and achieve maximum return on investment.
Search marketing is a core growth lever for Spendesk, and you’ll work closely with product marketing, content team, regional marketing, sales, operations, and external agencies, to execute your mission and align our search strategy with our business objectives.
The role reports into the Demand Generation Director. You’ll be part of a buzzing team of 30 savvy marketers working to let the world know about the Spendesk mission and help businesses everywhere spend smarter.
If you love seeing results and are driven to make a big impact, this position is for you.
- Plan, develop, and launch our search strategy for the channels you own to drive new customer acquisition (SEM, SEO, Review Sites, Affiliates, Referrals)
- Work closely with our other channel experts, agencies and cross-functional teams to run campaigns, and develop, brief in, localise and test new ad copy and landing pages. You’ll have a passion for strong headlines.
- Be the expert, spokesperson and education lead on search marketing for the rest of the business.
- Build a robust optimisation and testing framework to continually improve campaign performance in terms of CTR, CPL, CAC, ROAS, and other key performance indicators, doubling down on what works.
- Own our search funnel end-to-end, leveraging campaign and sales metrics from ad platforms as well as internal BI tools to analyse performance and optimise at each funnel stage, with a razor-sharp focus on conversion rates.
- Manage budgets and campaigns across your paid search channels to drive strong ROI and efficient CAC.
- Develop a deep understanding of Spendesk’s target buyer and ideal customer profile, and build smart strategies and campaigns to engage this audience effectively.
- Work with our Growth Analyst to share reporting, performance and build dashboards.
- Partner with Growth Ops to implement and troubleshoot marketing technology, advertising pixels, 3rd party tags and other tracking.
- Support the global acquisition team with other online and offline channels as necessary.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of B2B demand generation experience
- Deep understanding of various performance marketing channels and ad platforms: SEM, SEO, PPC, paid social, retargeting.
- Proven track record of exceeding targets and driving pipeline and revenue growth
- Superior communication and analytical skills
- Growth mindset with results-driven approach to work (testing, measuring, iterating)
- Expert with CRM tools, marketing automation (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Segment, Salesforce, Hubspot, Hotjar, etc)
- Advanced excel abilities and comfort with BI tools
- Experience working with analytics platforms: (GA, Reporting Tools, Automation)
- Great collaborator and self-starter
- Fluent in English (French and/or German is a plus)
Be bold! Tell us why you are a great fit for this role and Spendesk. You have the opportunity to work flexibly from any of our head office locations in Paris, London, and Berlin or FULLY REMOTE.
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions