Software Engineer - Banking
Paris / Berlin / London /
We’re an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016, Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US. More than 300 Spendeskers already work across our four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
What will you do
The banking team within Spendesk is in charge of everything thing related to money. From generating virtual cards, to making wire transfer, or maintaining balance for customer accounts. This critical part of the software requires secure and reliable solutions.
Your work is to develop and maintain the API that offers banking service within Spendesk, and the back office that allows internal auditor to operate the banking platform. We expect engineers to be able to work on every part of the feature, specs, technical design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance.
You will be part of one of the 2 squads (4 Developers per squad) that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time. Money doesn't allow approximation, in the banking squad we don't compromise over quality.
Finally, your job is not only about writing code, we are looking for great team player. As money is at the heart of our system, you’ll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you’ll make may have a huge impact.
- Node.js for our backend and banking applications
- React/Redux on the frontend of the backoffice.
- PostgreSQL for data storage, Redis and SQS for jobs and queues
- Terraform to define our infrastructure
- AWS to run all of this
- Github actions for CI.
What we're looking for
- At least 4+ years of experience in back-end development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- Strong experience in designing distributed and secure systems
- Experience with NodeJS on large scale backend applications
- Good knowledge in micro-services architectures
- Good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
- Good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
- Comfortable with DevOps aspects
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- Good knowledge on testing best practices
Why should you apply?
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities -> we are entering hyper-growth!
- Flexible working hours & remote working possible
- Competitive salary package
- Tea, coffee and snacks available in the office
- Virtual Thursday socials with the team
- We usually have bi-annual company wide parties
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
How have we adapted our process to make it remote friendly?
Well the good news is that we are still hiring! We've got quite a few finance teams to help spend smarter after all...
What you can expect from our recruitment process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions