Software Engineer - Banking
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in September 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
What will you do
The banking team within Spendesk is in charge of everything thing related to money. From generating virtual cards, to making wire transfer, or maintaining balance for customer accounts. This critical part of the software requires secure and reliable solutions.
Your work is to develop and maintain the API that offers banking service within Spendesk, and the backoffice that allows internal auditor to operate the banking platform. We expect engineers to be able to work on every part of the feature, specs, technical design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance.
You will be part of one of the 2 squads (4 Developers per squad) that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time. Money doesn't allow approximation, in the banking squad we don't compromise over quality.
Finally, your job is not only about writing code, we are looking for great team player. As money is at the heart of our system, you’ll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you’ll make may have a huge impact.
- Node.js for our backend and banking applications
- React/Redux on the frontend of the backoffice.
- PostgreSQL for data storage, Redis and SQS for jobs and queues
- Terraform to define our infrastructure
- AWS to run all of this
- Github actions for CI.
- At least 4+ years of experience in back-end development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- Strong experience in designing distributed and secure systems
- Experience with NodeJS on large scale backend applications
- Good knowledge in micro-services architectures
- Good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
- Good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
- Comfortable with DevOps aspects
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- Good knowledge on testing best practices
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- You don't compromise over quality: You always test what you implement.