Software Engineer - Banking
Banking - Engineering – Engineering /
What you will do:
The banking team within Spendesk is in charge of everything thing related to money. From generating virtual cards, to making wire transfer, or maintaining balance for customer accounts. This critical part of the software requires secure and reliable solutions.
Your work is to develop and maintain the API that offers banking service within Spendesk, and the back office that allows internal auditor to operate the banking platform. We expect engineers to be able to work on every part of the feature, specs, technical design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance.
You will be part of one of the 2 squads (4 Developers per squad) that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time. Money doesn't allow approximation, in the banking squad we don't compromise over quality.
Finally, your job is not only about writing code, we are looking for great team player. As money is at the heart of our system, you’ll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you’ll make may have a huge impact.
- Node.js for our backend and banking applications
- React/Redux on the frontend of the backoffice.
- PostgreSQL for data storage, Redis and SQS for jobs and queues
- Terraform to define our infrastructure
- AWS to run all of this
- Github actions for CI.
Your Competency Profile:
- At least 4+ years of experience in back-end development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- Strong experience in designing distributed and secure systems
- Experience with NodeJS on large scale backend applications
- Good knowledge in micro-services architectures
- Good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
- Good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
- Comfortable with DevOps aspects
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- Good knowledge on testing best practices
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further €100m investment bringing our series C funding to over €200m and in the process becoming one of Europe’s latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together. We come to work in the morning, create growth, convert new clients, go back home, sleep, and do it all over again the next day. This is the most diverse, ever-changing, surprising and daily-life you can get. We're growing fast in France, the United Kingdom and Germany on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work. And we're growing fast - come join us!
Spendesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we embrace diversity and we don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship.
What you can expect from the hiring process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of video calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of or CEO depending on the seniority level to review any remaining questions