Business Development Representative Spain
Revenue – Sales /
Let's start with a bit of context:
As part as our international expansion, and alongside Spendesk's biggest core market in France, we have bold ambitions for our team in Southern Europe. We know the road ahead won't always be plain sailing, so that's why we're on the look out for a Business Developer who is willing to, like us, dare to bring about a better way for every company to spend money.
This is a chance to be part of the Spanish founding team at an amazing scale up with a best-in-class product in a booming market. You will work closely with the EMEA Sales team and report directly to the Sales Lead Spain.
This role will be based in our future offices in Madrid, and you will start with a complete onboarding program in Paris for a couple of months.
- There should be no limits to your creativity when it comes to outbound prospecting campaigns (emails, cold calls, video-mails, social selling, events) to generate leads on well-identified target markets to achieve your monthly targets of new opportunities created.
- Own the full sales development cycle, from initial engagement to qualified opportunity (This is not a meeting booking game). Therefore you are comfortable navigating from small to medium-sized businesses to multiple stakeholders and decision makers.
- Leverage our in-house built sales methodology whilst providing feedback and ideas on new tactics and techniques that can bring future growth to Spendesk.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams such as Customer Success, Marketing and Product to better solve your prospects problems today, and anticipate their new challenges tomorrow.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground by helping us identify new and exciting verticals and segments for us to explore.
What we're looking for:
- We don't care to which fancy business school you went, we are interested in smart, driven and ambitious sales players who are fearless on the phone and capable of driving results through activity.
- You have one year of experience in cold calling B2B prospects with a focus on outbound prospecting, ideally in a SMB environment.
- Strong and eloquent communicator - you are able to influence your stakeholders and adapt your speech to all levels including C-Level prospects
- Your mother tongue is Spanish and you are fluent in English
- You are based in Madrid and able to come to our office regularly
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.