Senior data scientist
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
When we’re not coding, writing, demoing, and helping answer questions, you’ll find us eating sushi, playing Nerf war, traveling abroad, and having a drink after a good day at work.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
What will you do :
As senior data scientist, we expect you to bring data science expertise to the team, by advising and building the first blocks of our data science stack and working on algorithms to build tools, improve teams' performance, and bring automation to our product.
You're main missions will be :
- Mine data and create algorithms to fuel our business teams and product with smart indicators and alerts
- Make in-depth discovery analyses to answer specific business or product questions
- Leverage data science to build automation and magicness in our product
- Recommend and work with engineers to implement data science pipelines to fuel our ETL, product and tools
- Help develop a strong data culture and work hand-in-hand with operational teams to deliver the most actionable insights
Apart from those typical data science missions, we expect you as senior to:
- Drive data science initiatives across a variety of areas, ranging from product to business
- Bring expertise to our data science problem-solving
- Drive data science tools implementation and adoption
- Help build a strong data science culture in the team
- Drive training initiatives for our analysts and other data scientists
- You are rational, analytical, convey well ideas
- You are proficient in data science techniques and technos.
- Fully aware and knowledgeable of data science technical ecosystem
- Good amount of data engineering knowledge - experience with AWS is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Great problem solver
- You have leadership skills
- At least 4 years of data science work experience, with a share of experience on both business and product topics
- Top engineering degree
- Technical leadership, with a taste for business problems
- Some experience in coaching other people
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
- Competitive salary, based on experience 💸
- Open for remote 🔭and flexible hours 🕰
- The laptop of your choice 💻
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
- The most incredible team in town 👫👯👬
- 13 Nationalities, half of the company don't speak French. 🇩🇪🇬🇧🇦🇹🇲🇦🇩🇿🇧🇪🇨🇮🇮🇪🇺🇸🇦🇺🇳🇿🇰🇿🇫🇷
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee ☕
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
- Thursday's beers 🍻with the team
- Lunchr cards 💳🍽
- Transportation (50%)