Senior Program Manager - 12 month FTC
Product – Program Management /
We are seeking an experienced leader with a passion for solving complex problems that impact our customers and scale our operations by ensuring effective delivery against our organisational goals. As a master planner and flexible Senior Program Manager, you will be able to balance multiple projects, competing priorities, and operational activities by keeping the big-picture in focus while diving into the details to drive decisions and progress.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will help shape the team's strategy, drive organisational goals and priorities, and implement scalable solutions and programs that accelerate our customer impact and operational efficiencies. You will also work closely with partners across engineering, product, design, research, marketing and revenue in a fast paced and data-informed environment to drive the optimisation of processes and solve challenging problems. You’ll successfully work cross-functionally and collaborate with various teams to lead projects through the entire project lifecycle, which includes managing project schedules, defining milestones, execution excellence, and managing risks and dependencies. You will be responsible for clearly and effectively communicating all critical program updates to team members, executives and other stakeholders. Our ideal candidate has an understanding of operations and software development and excels in building partnerships and processes that deliver scale.
- Directly responsible for managing large programs and coordinating across all stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the right execution, effective communication, and resource planning in order to deliver on key program objectives and results
- Lead and partner with high-performing teams, including product managers, engineers, designers, research and others, to effectively manage program delivery from inception thru landing
- Help shape team and org strategy, establish team goals, and work across the organisation on key objectives by executing, measuring progress and sharing key impact and results
- Understand internal and customer pain points and needs to drive improvements to our products, policies, and overall operations
- Lead and manage operational elements with a focus on scalability by implementing and improving internal processes, reporting and metrics, and tools support
- Manage program schedules and milestones, identification of issues, risks, and dependencies, and develop mitigations plans
- Solve complex problems by applying logical thinking and analytical skills to make independent decisions
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to team members
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in program management and operations with an emphasis on software development
- Demonstrated experience working with product, engineering or technical teams, while influencing across functional or regional (global) boundaries
- Experience implementing and scaling initiatives across internationally dispersed teams.
- Proven track record of being able to influence and rally diverse stakeholders agains a common mission or goal using both qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Self-starting, intellectually curious and creative individual comfortable operating in ambiguity
- BA/BS degree in engineering, business or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in 'scale-up’ operations in domains such as fintech, online operations, information systems, analytics, product, risk management or management consulting
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, PM, Design and client teams
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results on large-scale, complex programs across distributed sites
- People management experience in a complex fast-paced environment, with proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
- Experience working with development methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and go-getter; able to thrive in ambiguity
- Passion to learn new tools and processes and always seeks out "a better way" of doing things
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.