Data Scientist Intern - 6 Months - April Start
Engineering – Data Engineering /
We are looking for an intern to join our talented Data team here at Spendesk. Where the mission is to oversee the building of Machine Learning solutions for the Spendesk product.
This is a full-time, paid internship opportunity with the possibility of conversion to a full-time position. If you are a highly motivated individual looking to gain valuable experience in the field of data science and machine learning, we encourage you to apply.
This intern will work from our Paris office and will need to be located here. They will need to be able to start in April and for a 6 month period. We are hoping to be able to transition the internship to a full-time position
We offer a dynamic and inclusive work environment, opportunities for growth and development, and a comprehensive benefits package. Join us and be a part of a team that is making a difference in the world.
We are inviting somebody with a degree in Data Science, or an equivalent degree, to join a collaborative and focused team environment, responsible for providing valuable analysis to the business.
The team will be supporting you to contribute ideas to nurture changes to the part of the business the team is responsible for. Such as:
- Identify strong product needs for automation and Machine Learning
- Deliver and monitor data automation features: leverage data and build Machine Learning algorithm to solve identified product needs
- Improving our current Machine Learning platform that enables the deployment and monitoring of Machine Learning algorithms
You will be working closely with our Lead Data Scientist to hone your skills and increase your understanding of Data Science at Spendesk.
The successful candidate will be given opportunities to work with different departments and report findings directly to stakeholders.
- Support and Drive Initiative for new innovative ML based features : closely work with product, business and ops team to Identify strong needs for Machine learning and automation
- Leverage third-party and in-house Machine Learning tools & infrastructure to develop reusable, highly differentiating and high-performing Machine Learning systems, enable fast model development, low-latency serving and ease of model quality upkeep
- Participate in the improvement of the technical stack and the working environment
- R&D: You will be involved in the development of Deep learning algorithms for text and image processing such as product insight and autocategorization, document classification, and machine learning feature extraction. You will conduct research and development to advance our capabilities in these areas and improve current algorithms
- You will build your Industry experience building end-to-end Machine Learning models
Who we are looking for:
- Strong experience with Machine Learning projects
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in Python, SQL and experience with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Matplotlib and Seaborn.
- Understanding of statistics, probability, and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 11 RTT in 2022 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.